Symantec Client Security 3.1 helps keep client systems safe by providing comprehensive and proactive protection against malware with vulnerability-based detection. Integrated graphical reporting and simplified management of multiple, integrated security technologies allow organizations to maintain control of client systems, minimize productivity disruptions, and enhance client security.
Simplified management of integrated antivirus, firewall, and intrusion prevention technologies through the familiar Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition management interface allows organizations to maintain control of client systems, minimize productivity disruptions, and enhance client security.
Real-time protection reduces the risk of spyware and adware reaching the system, while automatic removal enables easy disposal of security risks. Side-effect repair automatically cleans up registry entries, files, and browser settings after hard-to-find spyware infections. Administrators have the flexibility to set the organization's security spyware and adware policies on an application-by-application basis.
Centralized configuration, policy management, threshold alerting, and logging capabilities ease the administrative burden and offer a comprehensive view of the enterprise's client security posture. A single update for antivirus, firewall, and intrusion prevention from a single vendor allows organizations to respond faster to complex security outbreaks. At the same time, multiple security technologies interacting with one another ensure a coordinated response to maximize containment and recovery.
Key Benefits :
- Automatically detects and repairs the effects of spyware, adware, viruses, and other malicious intrusions in real time to help keep client systems safe.
- Vulnerability-based protection proactively defends systems before operating system patches or virus signatures are available.
- Simplified management provides real-time information of network client status and fast distribution of software updates and definitions.
- Integrated security technologies—including antivirus, antispyware, client firewall, and intrusion prevention.
- Generic exploit blocking enhances client intrusion prevention capabilities against unknown threats.
- Default client firewall configurations minimize implementation efforts while stopping the majority of threats.
- Integrated Web-based graphical reporting and centralized management from one single console.
- Enhanced protection from spyware and adware, including:
- - Real-time protection to reduce the risk of spyware reaching the system
- - Automatic removal for easy disposal of security risks
- - Side-effect repair to clean up registry entries, files, and browser settings after hard-to-find spyware infection
- - Control over spyware settings via existing Symantec™ AntiVirus Corporate Edition management interface
Symantec Client Security includes:
- Cetral Quarantine Server
- Cetral Quarantine Console
- SAV fo x64-bit systems
- SAV Client & Server
- Symantec System Center
- LiveUpdate Administration Utility
- SClient Security Firewall Administration
- SC Security Client