2006 188.8.131.521 - Final
Kaspersky® Internet Security 6.0 is a fully integrated solution that protects your computer from all of the most common Internet threats, including viruses, hacker attacks, adware, spam and spyware.
Today, threats to PCs are appearing in ever-greater numbers and diversity. Cyber criminals on the Internet are well organized and tend to target PCs with combined threats. A standalone antivirus solution is no longer enough to fully protect your PC. Kaspersky Internet Security combines reactive detection methods with the latest proactive technologies, protecting your PC from viruses, hacker attacks, spam and spyware. Seamless integration of all product components eliminates system conflicts and provides fast performance.
- Integrated protection from all Internet threats
- Cutting-edge antivirus technologies
- Personal firewall
- Protection from spam and phishing
- Automatic database updates using the instant update technology
- Free technical support
- Real-time monitoring of all data streams, including email, Internet traffic and network connections
- Protection from viruses, Trojans and worms
- Protection from spyware, adware and other potentially hostile programs
- Proactive defense against new malicious programs
- Protection from network attacks and system hijacking
- Blocking of popup windows and banners
- Rollback of changes made by malicious programs on your computer
- Blocking of links to phishing websites
- Trainable spam filtration system
Protection from viruses:
- Email protection. The program scans email traffic for viruses according to the protocol via which it is sent (POP3, IMAP and NNTP for incoming mail and SMTP for outgoing mail) on any mail program. We also offer plug-ins and treatment for viruses in Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Outlook Express mail databases.
- Scanning of Internet traffic. All HTTP Internet traffic is scanned for viruses in real-time, ensuring that infected objects are not saved to the computer’s hard disk. Statistics about harmful scripts can be accessed using a plug-in for Microsoft Internet Explorer.
- File system protection. Individual files, catalogues and disks can be designated for antivirus scanning. Users can limit antivirus scanning to critical areas of the operating system and startup objects to ensure that attention is focused on the most vulnerable areas of the system.
- Proactive protection. Kaspersky Internet Security monitors program activity and all processes launched in RAM. It notifies users of dangerous, suspicious or hidden processes (that is, rootkits), prevents harmful changes to the file system and restores the system after malicious activity.
Protection from spyware:
- Secures confidential information. The program prevents confidential information (such as passwords, bank account numbers and credit card details) being stolen from your computer. It detects phishing messages and disables links to phishing sites.
- Safe Internet surfing. The program prevents dangerous scripts from being launched on websites, and blocks popup windows and advertising banners.
- Blocks automatic dial up programs. Any unauthorized attempts to dial up premium-rate telephone services from your modem are blocked.
Protection from hackers:
- Blocks network attacks. Intrusion detection system monitors any network activity that has the characteristics of a hacker attack. The program prevents hacker attacks by blocking connections from the hacker’s computer.
- Full control over network activity. The program controls all requests from applications to websites, in accordance with the program rules that have been set, and tracks all incoming and outgoing data packages.
- Safety on all networks. When a computer connects to a network, the program asks you to specify the type of network (a trusted network, Intranet or the Internet), so that the firewall can choose how strict the rules should be.
- Stealth mode. This technology makes the computer invisible to outside users, effectively preventing all types of DoS (Denial of Service) attacks.
Protection from spam:
- Integrated protection from spam. Several methods are used in combination to ensure the highest possible level of spam detection, including blacklists and whitelists of IP addresses and word combinations typical of spam together with self-learning algorithms. The program also scans graphic images for spam attributes.
- Support for common mail programs. An expansion module, specifically designed for Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Outlook Express, enables you to set processing rules for messages according to their post-analysis status.
- Preliminary analysis of messages. To economize time and network traffic, the Mail Manager conducts preliminary analyses of message headings in all incoming email before downloading them from the mail server. This also reduces the risk of spam and viruses being downloaded to your computer.
Changes in version 184.108.40.2061:
220.127.116.111 - Final
Kaspersky™ Anti-Virus (KAV) provides all types of anti-virus protection: anti-virus scan-ners, monitors, behavior blockers and integrity checkers. It supports all of the most popular operating systems, e-mail gateways and firewalls. KAV controls all possible virus entry points. Kaspersky Lab's powerful and flexible local and network management tools for auto-mation and centralized installation and control over anti-virus protection provide maximum convenience and minimum time wasted when building your own structure of an anti-virus defense.
Kaspersky Ant-Virus Personal Pro provides full-scale protection with some additional protective components a behavior blocker and integrity checker; appropriate for experienced users seeking the best anti-virus protection.
Kaspersky® Anti-Virus 6.0 combines reactive antivirus detection methods with the latest proactive technologies to provide your computer with the most effective protection against malicious programs. The product is simple to install and set up, while offering advanced users a range of versatile settings for fine-tuning the program.
Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0 integrates seamlessly with the Microsoft Windows family of operating systems (including Microsoft Windows x64) and is fully compatible with other security programs (for example, firewalls).
- Combined antivirus technologies. Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0 relies upon integrated methods to scan for viruses: the reactive method (using signature databases) and proactive protection (behavior blocker and heuristic analysis).
- Optimized for use on laptops. Users of laptops benefit from an economy mode that conserves battery energy, while users of WiFi (wireless) Internet services can automatically update antivirus databases. The program has been optimized for use on laptops based on Intel Centrino mobile technology, and for use on computers with Intel processors that support Hyper-Threading technology.
- Simplicity and convenience. Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0 is installed and set up in a matter of minutes, while the context-sensitive help function helps users quickly understand the finer points of the program’s capabilities. Moreover, the program regularly notifies users of its current protection status and gives recommendations for dealing with virus epidemics and potential threats.
- Protection for email. Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0 scans email traffic for viruses according to the protocol via which it is sent (POP3, IMAP and NNTP for incoming mail and SMTP for outgoing mail) on any mail program, while plug-ins and treatment for viruses in Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Outlook Express mail databases are offered.
- Scanning of Internet traffic. All HTTP Internet traffic is scanned for viruses in real-time, ensuring that infected objects are not saved to the computer’s hard disk.
- Protection for file systems. Individual files, catalogues and disks can be designated for antivirus scanning. Users can limit antivirus scanning to critical areas of the operating system and startup objects to ensure that attention is focused on the most vulnerable areas of the system.
- Control over changes in the file system. With Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0 it is possible to compile lists of applications, the component structure of which will be controlled, thus helping to prevent malicious programs from undermining the integrity of the application.
- Monitors processes in the memory. The product monitors the activity of programs and processes that have been launched in the computer’s memory and, at the same time, warns users of any dangerous, suspicious or hidden processes (that is, rootkits), and of unauthorized changes in routine processes.
- Monitors changes in the operating system registry. The application controls the status of the system registry and notifies users of any suspicious objects or attempts to create hidden keys in the registry.
- Blocks dangerous macros. Proactive protection affords control over the operation of macros based on Visual Basic for Applications in Microsoft Office documents and blocks dangerous macro-commands from being executed.
- System restore. The system can be restored after malicious activity. Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0 can roll back any changes made to the system by malicious programs.
Fast operating speeds:
- Technology for accelerated antivirus scanning. iSwift and iChecker technology make it possible to limit scanning to new and modified files, or to limit scanning to potentially dangerous objects only. Antivirus scanning can be suspended during times of increased user activity to ensure that your computer’s resources are free for your use.
- Reduced update sizes. The size of updates downloaded to users’ PC has been reduced almost 10 times (now amounting to several tens of kilobytes) in Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0, making our updates virtually instant.
Changes to version 18.104.22.1680 (Critical Fix 1) added in version 22.214.171.1243 (Critical Fix 2):
1) Impossibility to download module updates in Windows XP 64 bit.
2) Crash during mail scanning when DEP is enabled in Windows XP 64 bit.
3) Vulnerability while processing data received using the HTTP, POP3, and IMAP protocols.
Changes in version 126.96.36.1991: